Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kids say the darndest...

I love kids. Which is why I am trying to become a teacher and will be a nanny in the near future. Yesterday, the boyfriend's daughter had her 8th birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. The kids were hilarious! The day started with the three of us at their house having a small cake and opening a couple of presents. Birthday girl couldn't resist, she started picking icing off of the cake and putting her fingers all over it. It was cute. Even cuter when she decided she wanted to share with the neighborhood kids and cut the cake into pieces to distribute throughout the neighborhood. They had no idea her fingers had been all over it.

After the finger-lickin-good cake was gone, we grabbed a neighborhood kid and headed to Chuck-E-Cheese to meet everyone else. There were kids ages 3 - 60 something. The 3 year old was busted trying to take pizza from another kid's table. The birthday girl got sassy, and though her behavior was not humorous to her parents, I found the eye rolling, pre-teenitude amusing. When Chuck-E came out to party with us, one child hid under the table, another hid behind his father, and I think one may have cried. I don't blame them, who likes rats anyway? Kids were running up the skee-ball game to deposit balls into the point... hole... things, and not even putting them in the higher pointed..hole..things. You dig? If you're gonna cheat, cheat right! Chuck-E and his homies were singing holiday music, we ate (our own) over priced pizza and had a delicious birthday cake. It was a good time.

To really mix this blog up, let me go back to earlier in the day. But first, some background info...

I live with a couple in Burke. One of the streets near our house is Coffer Woods. The couple has an ooolllld boxer, her name is Zora. She's a very quiet, good pup who loves attention.

Yesterday morning, before the birthday fun began, my girl Ruth came by the house with her 6 year old daughter. Ruth and I talked for a bit, while her daughter played with the dog. She was kind of hesitant, because the dog is kind of scary looking, but I told her "Oh man, she is so happy you are here, she loves playing with kids!" and so on...

Today, Ruth's daughter said to her "When are we going back to Coffer Woods?" and informed Ruth that she and the doggy are best friends!

I guess I get to meet all these cool kids cause I hang out with cool grown ups. If the grown ups were assholes, would their kids be too?

2 comments:

  1. look mom! No hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your blog and outlook on life and people
    Your biased mom!

    ReplyDelete